Narrative Coaching is a powerful relationship in which the client and coach work to clarify the client’s personal story to better communicate, connect, and reach their goals. Through dialogue, inquiry, goal setting, accountability, and general motivational techniques, the coach supports the client to assume full responsibility and confidence in creating a fulfilling journey.
Goals that have come out of previous coaching relationships:
- I want to shift career paths and follow my interests but I have hit a ceiling and lack confidence in my abilities.
- I want to pursue speaking engagements but I don’t believe I will be effective at it.
- I want to get out of my comfort zone and get more socially active, but I don’t believe it is possible.
- I am unhappy with my health and I have struggled to pursue a more active and purposeful lifestyle
- I want to start a new business, but my confidence is low and my fear of the unknown is blocking me
How do we get started?
- I align myself with you as an individual. I meet you where you are in life, without judgment, without assumptions, and ready to actively listen.
- Together we perform a discovery session to clarify needs. We work through a series of questions and exercises to break through any assumptions or bias and determine a clear view of your future state.
- We determine if I am the right person to help. I make no assumptions at the beginning of a discovery call that I will be the right person to help. My goal is not to sell something or to win your business, it is to determine your needs and obstacles and determine if I am the right fit.
- I propose a course of action. Once we are clear on what the future state is and what obstacles are in the way, I propose a way that I can work with you to reach that future state. I describe the type of coaching that would be needed so you can make an informed decision.
- Together we work towards a solution. If at this point you decide we should work together, we begin our journey. We layout our path, clarify costs and determine which methods we will use to evaluate our success. Then we begin!